What is Imitrex?
Buy Imitrex Online (Sumatriptan); is a medication used to treat migraine symptoms. If used quickly, it can help alleviate the symptoms before they become severe and many people find it far more effective than traditional painkillers for migraine headaches.
Sumatriptan belongs to a family of medicines called triptans. Triptans are a second-line treatment for migraines. They are used when traditional painkillers (e.g ibuprofen, paracetamol) are not effective at treating your migraine.
How does it work?
The cause of migraines is not well known, but it is thought to involve temporary changes in the nerves and blood vessels of the brain. Triptans like sumatriptan seem to work to reverse these temporary changes in the brain. They are thought to work by causing a narrowing of the blood vessels of the brain, which may swell during a migraine.
You should take sumatriptan exactly as your doctor has told you. Sumatriptan works best if taken when you feel the onset of a migraine. It should not be taken before the migraine, during the aura stage. A second tablet may be taken 2-3 hours after your first dose if you have noticed an improvement in your symptoms. You should not take more than 2 tablets in a 24 hour period.
Sumatriptan is available as Sumatriptan 50mg tablets or Sumatriptan 100mg tablets. People who try the 50mg tablets and find them ineffective may find the 100mg dose is more effective. It can begin to relieve migraine symptoms within 30 minutes of taking a dose.
The mainstay of migraine treatment is pain-killing medications such as Aspirin (Anadin Extra), Paracetamol or Ibuprofen. Sometimes taking painkillers too often can cause medication-overuse headaches. Feeling sick is common in migraine sufferers and anti-sickness medication can be used to relieve those symptoms.
Other medicines such as amitriptyline and propranolol are sometimes used to prevent migraines in people who suffer from them often.
Most common Imitrex side effects include:
- arterial hypotension or a short-term increase in blood pressure;
- short-term pain in a place of injection place;
- feel of warmth;
- pricking, pains, pressure or contraction in various body parts.
Possible Imitrex side effects revealed during post-marketing studies include:
- hypersensitivity reactions, including skin manifestations, and anaphylaxis (very rare);
- a convulsive attack, tremor, dystonia (very rare);
- blurred vision, flashing, diplopia, blindness (usually transient).
- bradycardia, tachycardia, trembling, arrhythmias, coronary vasospasm, stenocardia, myocardial infarction, hypotonia (very rare);
- ischemic colitis, dysphagy, feeling of discomfort in a stomach.